Van Gogh Museum
Paulus Potterstraat 7
1070 AJ Amsterdam
Opening times (*) :
open daily from 9am to 5pm and until 10pm on fridays except :
• 1 march until 30 june : daily from 9am to 6pm and until 10pm on fridays
• 1 july to 31 august : daily from 9am to 6pm and until 10pm on fridays and saturdays
• 25 september until 31 october : daily from 9am to 6pm and until 10pm on fridays and saturdays
• friday 25 december: 9am to 5pm
Price (*) :
• full price : 15 € (17 € from 1 April 2015)
• -18 years old : free
• free with the I Amsterdam Card
How to get there :
• From the central station, tramways 2 or 5, Van Baerlesstraat stop.
• Tramways 3 or 12, Van Baerlestraat stop.
• Tramways 16 or 24 and bus 145, 170 or 172, Museumplein stop.
Internet site :
(*) Opening times and tariffs in 2015
Vincent Van Gogh was born in 1853. He is one of the most well known dutch artists. His painting career only lasted for 10 years, until his death in
The Van Gogh Museum houses the largest collection in the world of Van Gogh's works of art : more than 200 paintings including several well known masterpieces. The permanent collection can be found in the principal building. The museum will allow you to follow the evolution of the painter and compare his paintings with those of other painters in the collection. As you can see, it also houses a large collection of paintings and sculptures from other 19th century artists. The Van Gogh Museum also houses various exhibitions on various themes of the history of 19th century art.
To resume, the Van Gogh Museum is not to be missed : it's unthinkable to leave Amsterdam without seeing it !!!